SIGBED EMSOFT Best Paper Award
The SIGBED EMSOFT Best Paper Award will be presented to the individual(s) judged by the award committee to have written the best paper appearing in the EMSOFT conference proceedings. The selection criteria are the scientific quality of the paper and the exposition of the ideas. The award will be presented during ESWEEK.
- 2019: Deriving Equations from Sensor Data Using Dimensional Function Synthesis by Sam Willis, Youchao Wang, Vasileios Tsoutsouras, Phillip Stanley-Marbell
- 2018: Bounding DRAM Interference in COTS Heterogeneous MPSoCs for Mixed Criticality Systems by Mohamed Hassan and Rodolfo Pellizzoni
- 2017: Security-Aware Scheduling of Embedded Control Tasks by Vuk Lesi, Ilija Jovanov, and Miroslav Pajic
- 2016: Underminer: A Framework for Automatically Identifying Non-Convergent Behaviors in Black Box System Models by Ayca Balkan, Paulo Tabuada, Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, Xiaoqing Jin, and James Kapinski
- 2015: A scalable algebraic method to infer quadratic invariants of switched systems by Xavier Allamigeon, Stéphane Gaubert, Eric Goubault, Sylvie Putot, Nikolas Stott.
- 2014: Multiple Shooting, CEGAR-based Falsification for Hybrid Systems by Aditya Zutshi, Sriram Sankaranarayanan, Jyotirmoy V. Deshmukh, James Kapinski.
- 2013: Safety Verification for Linear Systems by Sridhar Parasara Duggirala and Ashish Tiwari.
- 2012: Programming Parallelism with Futures in Lustre by Albert Cohen, Léonard Gérard, and Marc Pouzet.
- 2011: Real-Time Resource-Sharing under Clustered Scheduling: Mutex, Reader-Writer, and k-Exclusion Locks by Björn B. Brandenburg and James H. Anderson.
- 2010: Automatic verification of control system implementations by Adolfo Anta, Rupak Majumdar, Indranil Saha and Paulo Tabuada.
- 2009: Analytic Real-Time Analysis and Timed Automata: A Hybrid Method for Analyzing Embedded Real-Time Systems by Kai Lampka, Simon Perathoner and Lothar Thiele.
- 2008: Symbolic Analysis for Improving Simulation Coverage of Simulink/Stateflow Models by Rajeev Alur, Aditya Kanade, S. Ramesh and K. C. Shashidhar.
During the reviewing process, EMSOFT program committee members may name submitted papers of excellent quality for the SIGBED EMSOFT Best Paper Award. The EMSOFT program committee will then agree on nominations during the PC meeting. An award committee set up by the EMSOFT program chair(s) will consider all nominations during the conference.
The EMSOFT program chair(s) will chair the award committee, which includes three members of the EMSOFT program committee and a member of the SIGBED Executive Committee. The selection criteria are the scientific quality of the paper and the exposition of the ideas. The oral presentation at the conference can be considered as well but only concerning the contents of the paper and the insights gained by the subsequent discussion. The program chair will attempt to schedule the presentation of the nominated papers before the award ceremony.